Mesh Mod Octo nw-150

kayakatl

Market
Reaction score
I have searched google and cannot find a DECENT photo oriented mesh mod thread anywhere. What material can I use that I can obtain locally? If I am understanding this correctly, i trim all but 4 impeller wheels and use tiny zip-ties to hold the mesh on the impeller. How does this not kill the water flow? I guess it does not matter, more bubbles is better than more air.

The skimmer works well, but I want to see what it CAN do. And where the heck do I find plumbing that fits this thing for a gate valve mod? schedule 10 pipe? Really?

What is done on mine is wrapping fishing line around the needlewheel.. I could snap a pic but you wouldnt be able to see it all that well since its clear...
Shoot Barry a msg about it.. (cr500_af) he recently did his after seeing mine.. He might be able to give you some pointers..

This this link

a>

Ill google fishing line mod... I Have plenty of that laying around. Thanks yall!

I have seen with this mod with this skimmer that the pump will not restart without a tap when the power goes out.

Back