Meshwheel durability

mvm

Market
Reaction score
How have peoples meshwheel mods held up over time? Mine is approx 8 months old and the enkanmat(sp?) is starting to shred. Also, it's caused the pump to make a loud noice occasionally. Any thoughts?

That's interesting- I'm planning on doing a mesh mod to my new skimmer. Has the enkanmat become brittle? Is it making contact with anything inside the pump?

I cannot remember when I did mine. Maybe Cameron will help me remember. I did mine when he modded his. Mine is holding up really well. I took it apart and soaked it in Vinegar the other day.

Ekanamat. It's falling apart. Little pieces where the zip tie is not holding it are beginning to fall off. Does anyone have any ekanamat so I can give it another try?

flinster;76164 wrote: Ekanamat. It's falling apart. Little pieces where the zip tie is not holding it are beginning to fall off. Does anyone have any ekanamat so I can give it another try?

Someone was kind enough to give me some, and I'm sure I'll have extra.
Will you be at this month's meeting?

I guess it now been 1 year for me, they all still work well. But I have not inspected them lately. Watt meter and air draw is what i look at. Have you check your Watts draw?

I think the wear going to be different in each pump and even each mod... Weather you used the thicker matrial or thiner4,5,6, how you trimed it, the size of the volute, number of layers...

FWIW Im glad they lasted a year. Best $4.00 Ive ever spent in this hobby

Wow I didn't think about Ozone--is the PF4 not compatable? Mine has held up well with the addition of O3 for the last 5 months.

ozone will surely degrade the zip ties, and likely the enkamat as well. I dont know this for fact, but judging what ozone does to other materials not specifically designed for exposure, I cant imagine the afore mentioned material would last a long time, especially when under load.

I have plenty of mat if someone wants to stop by and get some. Free... delivery not included in that price however.

Back