Metaframe Aquarium ?

flyingarmy

Market
Reaction score
Since I am moving and was looking to possibly change some things around and add another display tank I was searching Ebay for a Metaframe Aquarium. I curently have a 20GAL Metaframe I picked up off Craigslist last year that I have had up and running as my nano reef since May last year. I found only one tank, a 2 1/2GAL, and looking at the description I realized something....This tank has a slate bottom! I remember seeing the bottom and for some reason I thought it was painted or covered glass. My first thought when I found out it was slate was that I know some of the worms/inhabitants I have in my nano reef can burrow through rock. Question is, can they burrow through slate? Anyone know if thats a potential problem? I know this definitely makes up my mind on going to the 30GAL Cube. Just wondering if anyone knows if it is even possible! Thanks in advance!

I honestly doubt that anything in our tanks could go through slate. Slate is pretty tuff stuff. Now there are things in our tanks that can go through the rock in our tanks. However our Live Rock is MUCH more Pourus and easier to bore through.

Back