Metal Halide Capacitor

rgardner

Market
Reaction score
Is there anywhere I can go in Atlanta to get a replacement capacitor for a 250watt metal halide ballast?

whats the # on the capacitor,i have a supplier local i can get it from any day of the week.

thanks sal

Try E. Sam Jones on Atlanta Rd. They are about a mile off of 285 inside the perimeter. 404-351-3250

Thanks, I am going to look into this. Hamilton Technolgoy only wanted $27 for one which I thought was pretty cheap. I will check our local prices and update.

Pretty much any lighting supplier, Grainger, Mcmaster Carr or really any electrical supplier that deals with motors or lighting should have what you need. And by the way $27 dollars actually sounds a little pricey but its been a while since I have bought one.

ares;211711 wrote: how about ballasts? any one have a source for M80 ballasts? mine blew in a bluewave 7, hello lights is the only one that has them for replacement at like 110$, which is about what a whole new single unit would cost...
You could check at the same places mentioned above. I am digging through an old Mcmaster catolog but you could go online and check. There is also a place off chastain road but I cant remember the name that I have had luck finding odd MH ballasts. I had to go there a couple of times for some weird ballasts that Nalley jaguar had but like I said its been a while since I was a practicing electrician.

Rexel is off of Chastain Rd. 770-528-0500. Although E. Sam Jones would be cheaper on the ballast and the capacitor. Good Luck

I think I have a magnetic ballast that is in a "wall pack" light that is 250watt. I am sure we can strike a deal... I will have to check its wattage though... let me know...

Jason

I just got a new capcitor from Atlanta Light Bulb for 20 bucks. I went to the other recommended stores and none had any capacitors. Thanks for all the help.

Back