Metal Halide Question

game411

Market
Reaction score
I saw a post for Industrial Metal Halide lights, 175W, anyone with experience with these?

They are out door flood lights, and they are much cheaper than the aquarium light systems.

Game411;83916 wrote: I can always buy a bulb...........I will have a canopy.

Well then you might have a problem because most of the time the Ballast are built in at the base of the light. Unless you are planning to have a 3 feet tall canopy.

Dang it!!! I knew I better ask...........hmmm, how about cut circular holes and mount the relector inside the hood, and have the ballasts sticking out.

Never mind, that'll look tacky.

rebo when you were at my house we talked about being patient and this being a very expensive hobbly take your time you will be more pleased with the end result in the long end patience is what you need in this hobbly that and alot of money lol

you could alway cut it out and make it a retro, but I would think your biggest problem might be ballast humm. Sometimes those commercial ballasts humm soo much it'll drive someone mad.

why don't you get a 250w ballast from Rit? He wants $35 for it. You can get a bulb and reflector then. Reflector can be had for $25 with socket.

I have a 175w Advanced ballast that doesn't make a peep. It's an industrial type that I got off ebay for like $25 shipped. I then got the reflector and bulb for about $55. The bulbs can be had from ebay and they are $9 plus shipping and the reflector was $35 from helolights. The ballast is mounted under the tank and I extended the wires so they can reach the bulb in the canopy.

I'll ask if he still has it, I'm not the most knowledgable about wiring, I can fix cars but wires..................no clue.

But if he still has it I'll see if I can get it.

we can walk you through the wiring. It's easier than car wiring...more room and no tucked away harness!

How many do you need? I got two Complete 250w single end, reflectors, new 10k bulbs (some extra new bulbs) and Coralife ballast for $110 each. Wasn't ready to get rid of them just yet but if you need it, I can take them out. They are still on my tank. They are complete and ready to go.

Back