MH bulb question??

jason sartain

Market
Reaction score
I know this has been talked about before but I need some advise on replacing my 400watt MH.I bought two used one's from Sal @ SWC and they don't have any markings on them to let me know what brand or K rating they are.One looks blue and the other is blueish/white,I like the blue look and have been told they are 14K's,any suggestions of where to get them and maybe some pictures so I can compare them to what I have now??

I use 2 400W 14k...Blueline and SPS. BOth put out great PAR and a pleasing visable spectrum. Not too blue and the right amount of white. No current pictures to show you. Remember to replace them about every 6 months.

Most bulbs look identical, so without markings it will be close to impossible to ID them.

If you like blue, then xm20k is a great bulb. It'll last 12-18 months easily!

Thank Raj,Where can I find them?
Skriz;231160 wrote: Most bulbs look identical, so without markings it will be close to impossible to ID them.

If you like blue, then xm20k is a great bulb. It'll last 12-18 months easily!

Check out
a>. Sammy's a local sponsor and keeps most everything in stock. He was offering a shipping special-not sure of the details though.

we picked up some phenoix 14ks this weekend from optimum aquarium and I am loving our beautiful blue water. Can take pics when I get home from the y.

RaisingTwo do you have any before/after pics you can post. I have been thinking about a Phoenix 14k bulb over my Current-Usa 14k for a couple of weeks and wonder if the color is worth it.

This is the old lights-

image0001-2.jpg
alt="" />

This is the new lights- and it's actually bluer than the picture

untitled.jpg
alt="" />

Thanks- and that was right after the lights came on, so not everything was 'awake' yet.

I love the blue color that we have now..we probably wont' buy any other bulbs now.

Ugh...guess I will buy me the Phoenix 14k now. That is looking like what I want. Thanks for the pics RaisingTwo

Back