Micro Bubbles

ouling

Market
Reaction score
I have an extremely good bubble trap and am pretty sure that this isn't from the overflow water hitting the sump. After I cute the flow on the Little Giant 4 pump the bubbles were gone. I use a 1'' vinyl hose to pump water back into the main at roughly 800gph. After I cut the flow, the bubbles were gone again. I know there are some inconsistancies in the vinyl hose. Should I just go with the PVC or is there a better way?

yea that was what I'm thinking. I see a tiny 1 drip/min leak, and people say a leak in the piping will cause this, but if there is a leak, there is not way air is getting in due to the high water pressure. i'm going to try the sump again.

Just because it's leaking enough to make a drip/min doesn't mean it can't be sucking air into another spot. Or even leaking water out and letting air in the same leak. It is possible to even alternate intake/output through a hole if the water flow is just right. If a certain amount of water didn't leak out a venturi, we'd never have to clean them of salt buildup.

Either way, it sounds like you need to examine your piping on the pump.

barbed fittings are the culprit. Changed out both to a PVC slip and no more bubbles!

I sould suspect this is more of a problem on the intake - I had this problem recently. Changed to pvc and problem went away also - congrats.

Back