microbubbles from Marineland Marine Pro 100 skimmer

oil_fan

Market
Reaction score
I had to turn off my protein skimmer for 2 of days while I was treating my tank trying to nuke my cynobacteria problem. Turned it back on yesterday after my water change and it started pouring microbubbles out of the bottom exit part of the pump into my sump. This in turns sends them into the tank as I have the skimmer in the last chamber of the sump.

Anyone here have this skimmer and had to deal with that?

I already took it out and tried cleaning it though it doesn't look that bad. It was working fine up until the 2 day break.

If you used Chemi-Clean to treat the Cyano, it'll cause the skimmer to foam and is probably the cause, rather than the skimmer. You'll need to dial the skimmer way back initially, then increase it a bit each day for a while until the treatment is out of the tank. Running carbon seems to help as well....

That's exactly what I used. And I did put fresh carbon back in yesterday. Maybe I'll leave it off for another day before firing it back up.

Yup not a skimmer problem...

Remember how as kids you would thru laundry soap in a fountain?

Same thing with our CPR when I medicated the tank with melafix once on my saltwater infancy.

2 days and 2 water changes and I was good to go.

Back