microbubbles, microbubbles, microbubbles

spike

Sponsor
Reaction score
By just reading my title you know my problem. My return is spitting them out by the millions. I seem to not be able to find were the air is coming from. I have even put poly filter in my sump baffles, even through I did not see that many bubbles getting through the baffles. I glued all fitting on the return, except at return head, it is treaded and I used teflon tape. I got the return head used, it did have an anti-siphon hole in it that in my setup was above water. But I did seal it up, drilled 2 more just below water surface. Any body out there with any ideas?

Have you tried adding filter floss or similar in the final baffle before the return section? I found in my old sump that it is much more difficult to see the micro bubbles in the sump than in the tank. They may be there, and if they are the floss should reduce them.

Glenn, take a look at you plumbing <u>before</u> your return pump. Get rid of any vinyl tubing, and reapply teflon tape to any threaded fittings.

Also look over all your return pipe. Look for any signs of salt creep around the fittings. If you've got salt creep, then water is escaping and air is being introduced, and thus you'll get microbubbles.

hey glen...do you have a valve on your return?? sometimes those things are known to seep air.

Microbubbles aren't just caused by leaks in the tubing where air enters. I find that most people that complain of microbubbles are actually experiencing cavitation not leaks.

jade76;181005 wrote: hey glen...do you have a valve on your return?? sometimes those things are known to seep air.

No valve, I will check for salt creap

FutureInterest;181010 wrote: Microbubbles aren't just caused by leaks in the tubing where air enters. I find that most people that complain of microbubbles are actually experiencing cavitation not leaks.

How would I solve the problem with cavitation?

Back