Microtrim SPS

ecoreefguy

Supporting
Reaction score
Recently, out of laziness I started to dose 2 part directly into my display. Needless to say I burnt the tops of a few of my sps. I know they will heal over time, but I didn’t like the look of dead white tips so I clipped them off. I notice the growth pattern changed. What was a long linear stick decided to start sprouting limbs off the ends now.

I added a calcium reactor now so levels will be more stable, so I’m going to start clipping the tips off acros and see if this speeds up growth and change their pattern. Hopefully I don’t kill anything. Wish me luck

That sounds like an interesting idea. Especially with new frags they encrust forever before the branches do any growing. It sounds like clipping the tips starts the branching process earlier... I like it. Is this why Dave always has a lot of nub packs? :)

Yup damaging a coral will cause it to change its growth pattern. Ive seen it with green slimer, where it would be one foot long stick and if you chip it in places it would start to sprout new branches. Doesnt always work but it happens.

Back