Midas Blenny

jaydm93teg

Market
Reaction score
Is it the same as a canary blenny? if not what is the difference?

Also if and only if you were going to add a dwarf angel to your reef which one would it be?? I had an ebili that picked at everything so i had to get rid of him but would really love to add another angel......

and last question my tank with 2 eels a blue spot puffer and a humu trigger needs some spark to it.....and by spark i mean color or coral or starfish just something more what do you guys suggest??? currently i have nothing in there as far as clean up crew so i would like for it to help clean up but if its just another critter i have no problem with that also.

HELP ME BUY SOMETHING FOR ONE OF MY TANKS!!!!

can you tell i havent bought anything for my tanks in a while??

No, the Canary and Midas are two different fish. Not sure on the differences other than actual shape and that the Midas requires meatier foods (dunno if the Canary does or not).

I have heard that Potter's were less likely to nip and what not but I honestly think it is a toss up whether they will or not. I had a Coral Beauty, never nipped at anything other than algae. I am thinking about trying the Potter's.

would a yellow tang survive in a "predator" tank with 2 eels a humu humu trigger and a blue spot puffer?? What about a serpant star?

Tangs live fine with more predatoral fish. As long as it's big enough most fish leave them alone... unless you get a green wolf from hell.

Heres a pic of my midas blenny he is a very peaceful fish with alot of personality. He eats whatever I put together including pellets. He even grazes on the seaweed clip when I put them in.
newfishpics0362tt6.jpg
alt="" /></a>

yeah i think the canary was more yellow with a curved tail....the midas would be going in my reef tank........im thinking a yellow tang for my predator tank but i need a clean up crew large hermits/large snails what about the serpant start anyone have any input on that guy in a predator tank?

Saw a nice Midas at PetsUnlimited over the weekend. Very personable fish.

I've tried a few dwarf angels in my tanks over the years and would honestly agree with most that it really depends on the fish. Different fish always behave differently. If it says reef compatible with caution...just assume it will bother something.

The flame angel I have now picked my plate coral to death but hasn't bothered anything since. I had a coral beauty that picked at almost every coral in my tank. But I also had another coral beauty early on that didn't make it that didn't bother a thing.

Careful with the Midas Blenny. Mine jumped out of the tank into the dogbed. He did not fair well :(

Susie

If I were going to add a dwarf it would be a Potters.

I have had a couple of Potters one had personality out the wazoo.

Marine fish has a beauuuuuuuutiful Potters.

I know where another one is but it's secret until I decide whether or not to buy.

Also, I had a lemonpeel hybrid which was pretty.

Angels have become my favorite fish lately.

We have a canary blenny. He also has great personality in a whimsical sort of way. He swims, doesn't perch on rocks. He picks food off the rocks or he eats Formula Two. He has no interest in meaty foods.

They're definitely different fish. Midas can be uber colorful and actually school with anthias which is whyt hey're so pretty for a simple blenny and are planktivores unlike the rest of em.

I had always intended to add a midas blenny to my reef but opted not to as I decided to go wrasse dominant.

I actually like the color of the canary better as I'm a sucker for yellow but I remember reading they had poisonous fangs or something so I scratched them off the list :).

As I understand it, they'll only bite if they feel threatened. My arm is apparently not threatening. And I put him in my tank by hand, no net. So far, so good.

atreyu917;277597 wrote: Where'd you get the Lemon Peel hybrid? Pictures? I love hybrids. I forgot the one hybrid i read up on in a magazine...it was a PottersXFishers angel and it was so freakin pretty.

I bought my Hybrid @ Marine fish during the big sale last summer.

I have not seen one since but he was bad to the bone.

Back