Milwaukee CO2 Reg Issue

tuckdaway

Market
Reaction score
Had to return the first one due to bad high pressure gauge.

The second one worked fine for a day...then all of a sudden (I was in the other room so I didn't touch anything) it started hissing through the bypass/overflow port of the regulator.

I have started many of these before so I understand the procedure.

This thing was running at steady state 10psi, 40 bubbles/minute and freaked.

After it sat a while pluged back in same issue...now the reg has no control the slightest opening of the tank valve (even with reg backed all the way out) get full pressure. I think the reg vavle is toast.

Suggestions?

They can be rebuilt. There is a place in Loganville called Regulator and Torch Exchange (or maybe Torch and Regulator Exchange?), who can either rebuild it or sell you the kit. They're simple inside. The kit for a Victor I have of LilRobb's I'm fixing was $17.00. I just have to actually get over there and pick it up.

This one had the same symptom, and the failed part was a little sealing washer (which the schematic calls a "gland"). Once I had it apart and saw what it needed, the guy over there emailed me the exploded views w/part numbers so I could buy only what it needed if I didn't want to spring for the whole kit... but at that price the full kit was a no-brainer.

if it's sticking open (sounds like it is) you might be able to open it up and find the item that's causing the issue..

I've torn apart the one that I got from Loren and replaced the gauges, o-rings, and a couple of the screws that were stripped that held the solenoid to the regulator body, and had to find a nut to hold the solenoid on the reg. body..

it's not too tough, just make sure that you use the appropriately sized screwdrivers and wrenches... you DONT want to strip any of the fastener heads..

Back