Mini maxi carpet nems

destineyfoster

Reaction score
Anyone have one or more of these? I am really wanting one and I would like to know the pros and cons. Thank you

I am not certain, but mine might have killed my dwarf fuzzy lion fish. Came in to the office one morning to find him stuck to my maxi and bristle worms cleaning the carcass. Apparently they are pretty bad about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Pros
-They don't move around that much
-They stay small.
-They are very colorful
-They are super hardy

Cons
-They can be very sticky...

Ive heard they off cuc quick because they get on them and the nem eats them. Which honestly I dont mind but I wanna make sure my fishies and more expensive shrimp are gonna be ok. Lol

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

I am trying to get so prospective on them because I want one but I also want corals that go in the sandbed as well like a scholy, plate coral, ect.

http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showpost.php?p=937468">http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showpost.php?p=937468</a>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I'll be sure to tell my other half. He wants one of your nems anyways maybe that will entice him to go over there. Bahaha!

I have had a blue/purple/green one for two years.

Stays small
Hardy
Beautiful
Feed it mysis once or twice a week
Very sticky

Mine is a killer got my green coral goby rite after my recent tank move.
It's also killed 5 skunk cleaners a few peppermints and a fire shrimp there so very sticky the shrimp get blown by the currant and there whiskers get caught and that's a 25$ snack.
The good news is once its well attached to a chosen rock unless conditions deteriorate it won't move much.
Iv moved mines rock a few times did a tank move and kept it on a tub for 5 days its still on its rock.
And they are very hardy IMO but in a year its killed more than its $ worth due to frags falling on it and such its a labor of love type of pet

I guess its a risk you take with any anemone. My husband wants a flame bta. Which we can't seem to find anywhere.

Back