Missing fish

stickx911

Market
Reaction score
A bangai cardinal disappeared in my tank...I have open tops, could he have jumped out? (and then eaten by a cat) I did not think they could jump...

I dug under all the rocks, and in every corner, the only other idea I have is the GBTA could have eaten him...

anyone else ever have anything like this happen?

nope, no overflow. only an emperor. and he's not attached to that either. :sad:

the bangii was almost full sized (2 inches) and the nem is a little larger than a softball.

I just got the nem last week (in case that makes a difference). and that particular cardinal was doing great yesterday. so I don't think he just died...

oh, I also have a large Long tenticle purple tip nem. on the other side of the tank. But that's been there for a long time w/o any problems.

I'm kinda at a loss... Might have been the nems, not really sure though, maybe someone else will chime in with more info, I'm intrested to know also

my LFS said its possible that the GBTA ate him. It's been deflated all morning, so that may be the case...that sucks...

BTAs don't have very strong stings. They can hurt a fish with the stings but they're not powerful enough to immobilize them and then consume them. Fish die all the time unfortunately and if you're lucky you'll find a corpse. You'd be surprised how fast they get eaten once they die.

no star fish, and the only other things we have in the tank is a clown, another cardinal, a new dragon goby, and hermet crabs...

it probably just died. Like Jin said, it's amazing how quickly fish get eaten once dead.

well i had one do that he was fine when i went to bed and i woke up to see the two crabs eating him all that was left was his head and the crabs were 3" so is that bigger then yours

Back