Missing Foxface?

ericmcj31

Market
Reaction score
I have (or apparently had) a foxface in my 100 gallon predator tank. Last night when I got home, I noticed that he was no where to be found. I moved all the LR, and the tank has a lid, so he couldn't have jumped out. My only guess is either they all "pigged out" on him, or maybe he got sucked down by overflow. I doubt it's the latter, because I would have seen him somewhere in my sump or piping and he was pretty big (not huge, though), so I doubt he was sucked down. Could my other fish devour him and leave no trace??? I have a stars and stripes puffer, niger and huma huma triggers, and a lunare wrasse in my tank. I did notice the lunare kinda harassing the foxface yesterday. I just figured I'd see some pieces of him somewhere-?

Could have. I find anything is possible in a saltwater tank. I once had a condylactis anemone eat a small volitan lionfish. I had no idea where the lion had went to for about three days, then the evidence was floating on top of the water. Who knew!

If you have any number of crabs, snails, starfish they can do an impressive job of eating dead fish.

If there was any opening at all he may have found a way out, but as skittish as they are, they're not really jumpers.

I would do a round of water test and make sure you have 0 NH3 and 0 NO2. If your NO3 is high, do a water change.

I don't have any crabs, snails, etc.--they don't stand a chance in this tank--I'll check water, and still prob. do a big WC tonight or tomorrow

Back