Mixing gobies

ihaveadane

Supporting
Reaction score
Will a Diamond, Mandrin goby get along in a 125g? Getting mixed info online? Any gobies the are not recommended?

i had a diamond ywg and a man.in my 90 should be fine plenty of space and they dont swimmm aaround alot like other fish so they might not ever know the other is in the tank

In a tank the size of yours, with lots of rockwork, I'd be fairly comfortable in postulating that aggression will not be too great of a problem. Sure, there might be an occasional squabble or two, but for the most part, I think that you'll be okay. If the Mandarin appears to be healthy and well fed, and if your refugium harbors a significant microfauna population, you will probably be okay with these fishes in the same system. Remember, the Diamond Watchman Goby eat all sorts of prepared foods with relative ease, once weaned to them. The Mandarin, of course, is more problematic, often only feeding only on live foods. You must have a large refugium with a large codepod population. I say go for it!

not today lol.....my key board keeps getting stuck so words are not coming out like i want them too got to get the duster out

maybe someone could go by his home and download the free spellcheck for him?

mysterybox;146504 wrote: postulating
Good word for a deadhead. Clearly you don't have too much resin in your brain. Unlike Mr. spellcheck. :lol2: J/K

Consider a pair of Goldenhead Sleeper Gobies They're more comical than a Diamond Goby. I've done pairs of Diamonds before, however. When it comes to pairing them up, I just put them together. I've never had them fight and I've done it dozens of times.

The madarin and the diamond should not fight at all.

Goldenhead -
prod_Display.cfm

flinster;146510 wrote: Good word for a deadhead. Clearly you don't have too much resin in your brain. Unlike Mr. spellcheck. :lol2: J/K

:D

I have a male and female Mandarin, a golden watchman and another watchman (I can't remember the actual name right now) and they all get along fine. The Mandarins just cruise the rock and the 2 watchman gobies lived in the same burrow with a single pistol shrimp for months. I have never seen gobies be agressive towards others.

Schwaggs;146547 wrote: a golden watchman and another watchman (I can't remember the actual name right now) .

If it has pink spots, it's the Leptocephalus. If it has blue spots and what appears to be a serious permanent frown :mad2: , it's the Blue Spotted Watchman.

I can't even pronounce, let alone spell most of Danny's i.d's. Clearly you've got too much time on your hands. J/K. I admire you dedication to the hobby.

Back