MM Box and Eshine PAR Numbers

kirkwood

Market
Reaction score
Tbub stopped by today with a PAR meter and I was able to get measurements in my 120 for the first time ever. Many of you have probably seen me posting over the past couple years with all kinds of questions about my LEDs but today I finally saw that my PAR numbers are right where I want them to be. I have 2MM boxes (no optics) and 1 eshine 60x3w Bridgelux with 90 degree optics. In the FT shot, the front half of my tank from the left side all the way to the right side of the Slimer colony is the eshine unit. I have an MM box in the back half of the left side of the tank and also an MM box on the right side of the tank basically on top of the RBTA. You can see the pic I posted of how the LEDs sit in the canopy.

The major observations were
1) The PAR was not too high from the eShine with optics. I had taken the optics off like 9 months ago and slowly began putting them back on. I won't worry anymore about using all the optics.
2) The PAR on the MM boxes were higher than I thought but the spread was not that great. I just have to make sure that I position the SPS properly underneath the MM boxes.
3) PAR on the sandbed under direct light was from 135-150. Great for my zoas. The 85 PAR reading was back towards a shaded area. Behind the 85 the PAR was 18.
4) The Slimer colony is growing up to the surface with PAR of 900.
5) No Hot spots
6) Great PAR on the edges of the eshine unit - you can see the reading over the frag rack.

Lol, that was probably my PAR meter he borrowed... glad to be of help. :)

GiulianoM;913917 wrote: Lol, that was probably my PAR meter he borrowed... glad to be of help. :)

Yep , I stopped by before coming to your house today.
Thankyou again , AWESOME TOOL !!

Adam , Were you able to begin changing out the new diodes today ?

Back