Mod for my Aquafuge PS skimmer.

krb

Market
Reaction score
I have an aquafuge PS size large. The skimmer is not the greatest to say the least. I was thinking I could thread an airstone into it and increase the amount bubbles in the chamber. I will start with some basic air pump I have here somewhere and use a wooden diffuser block. If it helps, I might invest in a quality high pressure pump. What do you think?

It should help, but it'll probably still not be as good as a quality stand-alone skimmer.

What kind of pump powers the skimmer?

There are a number of mods available to increase the performance of the MJs. The CPRs are decent little skimmers for smaller tanks if you can get enough air into them. Your idea of adding an air stone will increase it's production and modding the MJ can make it perform much better. Here's a mod you can try:

showthread.php

That's a great mod page, mufret! Definitely worth doing. It would also work great for a Sea Clone, too.

mufret;99388 wrote: There are a number of mods available to increase the performance of the MJs. The CPRs are decent little skimmers for smaller tanks if you can get enough air into them. Your idea of adding an air stone will increase it's production and modding the MJ can make it perform much better. Here's a mod you can try:

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28372">http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28372</a>[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I am going to try the airstone right now as I have the stuff laying around. I will definitely try the mesh mod soon. What would be really cool is to put the sedra needlewheel on the side of the skimmer section as a recirc pump. :D

KRB;99427 wrote: Thanks for the info. I am going to try the airstone right now as I have the stuff laying around. I will definitely try the mesh mod soon. What would be really cool is to put the sedra needlewheel on the side of the skimmer section as a recirc pump. :D

The Binford skimmer :eek:

Back