Moded Maxi Jets

vettesarebest

Market
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has these and if they like them. I am thinking of getting some with the Swivel Mount Braket.

a>

If I order it will be the high flow kit with the carbon shafts and the regular magnets. I love this DIY stuff!!!

Yeah it will be sweet! Do you think the carbon shafts really do anything though? I think I am going to get two kits and two of the swivel magnets. And we can even put them together , together. LOl

I have 2 of the modded 1200 on the 135. They needed a little adjusting at first but are working well now. If you are the type of person that doesn't mind piddeling with something for a bit, thay are great. If you like to just plug and play thay may not be for you. They work great with a WIDE flow pattern.

I like the wide flow pattern more than the darn streams. how long did it take to adjust? Also what kind of silicon do you use for mounting the swivel braket? Man, I need to go to bed but I have too many darn questions lol.

Good info thanks family reefer. I have one Tinze 6060 in my 75 gallon now and I am thinking of addind a Modded MJ for a bit more flow in a few weeks.

family reefer wrote: I have 2 of the modded 1200 on the 135. They needed a little adjusting at first but are working well now. If you are the type of person that doesn't mind piddeling with something for a bit, thay are great. If you like to just plug and play thay may not be for you. They work great with a WIDE flow pattern.

Thats odd ive never had to fiddle or adjust mine.Theve been running for over a year.Occasionally i have to tap the
shaft to make the impellar go in the right direction,only on restarts though when i turn them off to clean them.

also these cannot be run on a wavemaker that turns the pump on and off just to let everyone know.

Maroon,you can use GE silicone II at HD or Lowes.

Maroons15 wrote: Aw crap!!! No wave maker! Well Great! That SUCK"S

Yeh forgot to mention that on the other thread.The way these are designed the Impellar has to hit a little stopper to keep it from running in reverse when it restarts.If you used a wavemaker,then you will considerably decrease the life of the prop and the stopper.And you are not gauranteed that the pump will start back after a few times. Its best to just let them stay on 24/7.

Well can I use one on my 30 gallon? A 1200? or is that too much. I currently have two MJ 400's and they suck. Would a 1200 Moded be too much?

Maroons15 wrote: Well can I use one on my 30 gallon? A 1200? or is that too much. I currently have two MJ 400's and they suck. Would a 1200 Moded be too much?

A MJ 1200 on a 30 gallon would be insane IMO. I can only use one MJ 600 in my 46 gallon.If you dont have any sand in your tank you could probably get away with it.

Yea thats right. I tried mine on a wave maker at first and they almost always start up backwards, hit the stopper, and then go, This is very distracting when trying to watch TV as well as having to explain the noise to visitors. It also tears the heck out of the props!!!

I think I might just get a seio for my 30 gallon then. What size do you think I should get? One or two of them?

I just ordered a 1200 kit for my mj and gonna put it together this week prob. I'll let you know how it goes. I believe that 1200 high mod does like 2400 concervativly though more like 3k-3500 from what i read. Anyhow worth a try just to see.

/d

Back