Modeling a Panworld NH-150PS

giulianom

Market
Reaction score
I took apart the Panworld NH-150PS pump that I got with my skimmer for cleaning, and since there were no good models of the pump in Google Sketchup, I decided to make my own.

Here's the fan shroud cover on the back.

It's accurate to about 0.5mm tolerance.

ygISj.png
>
ygISjl.png
alt="" /></a>

I plan to publish it to the Google Sketchup 3D Warehouse when it's done, so anybody can use it.

Inside of the fan cover, and the front and back halves of the volute / impeller housing.

Eqmrn.png
>
Eqmrnl.png
alt="" /></a>

GiulianoM;674421 wrote:
It's accurate to about 0.5mm tolerance.

If you group the shroud separately from the cutouts in the shroud, then you can rotate the shroud in rediculously small increments using the protractor/degrees function and then array it as needed to bring it back to a complete 360°, then use "soften/smooth edges" to make it almost perfectly (literally) spherical. That would get rid of the blocky edges. Or think about it like this, to be a perfect circle, you can't let SketchUp model the shroud as a polygon (at least not visually) the way it's doing above.

So I made an outline and used the "follow me" extrude tool to revolve it around a circle... Except that the circle had 24 sides, which is why its blocky...

I'm not sure what you meant there...

Mostly accurate within a few mm... The bolt hole arrangement is a little off, but otherwise accurate.

BRIVt.png
>
BRIVtl.png
alt="" /></a>

Back