Mods for micro jet pumps?

weaglereefer

Market
Reaction score
Will the Hydor rotating deflectors fit on these pumps? What about a Maxi Jet deflector? I don't care so much about the decreased flow, just don't want a straight stream of water coming out of them. Anyone rigged up some magnetic mounts to get rid of the suction cups? Just looking for ideas here.

my short run w/ the hydors wasn't good; don't know how they'll fair on these small guys, prob. have the same fate-work for about a week or so-then just shoot a non-moving, directional path-lol; good luck, though

The pump was prone to jamming or the rotating deflector?

My other thought was drilling a 1/2" hole in live rock and running some flex hose from the pump through the rock. I'm still trying to see what other ideas I can come up with for them.

the deflector thing sticks ALL the time-a big time POS-lol; I just chunked all mine and chalked up another bad purchase-lol

Good to know, thanks. That's a few bucks saved. I guess I'm going with the "through the rock" idea.

yeah-good luck-like I said I threw mine away-they're pretty neat when they work (for the week they work anyways-lol)

I glued one of those micro pumps to a magnet from a mag frag.

And for those that read my melt down thread, this one oddly enough was fine.

Another question, anyone know how well these stand up to on/off cycles? They're not very loud when they turn on (did some testing today) and I was thinking I could put them on some $5 timers so they run like: A-on 30min, A&B-on 1 hour, B-on 30min, A&B-on 1 hour, repeat. Maybe mix up the flow a bit with periods of turbulent and calm.

Just thinking out loud here.

Back