Monster in the tank

Jeremey’s reef

Reaction score
So....... A few of you guys told me this would happen but after a a month or so of success I figured I had gotten lucky and been an exception. What am I talking about you may ask? Today I came home to disaster as my Picasso Trigger had eaten both my blood red and cleaner shrimp, he even took significant chunks out of my sand sifting sea star. I am a big fan of sea stars so this the damage to the sand sifter was by far the most upsetting issue of all. This guy is extremely active and pretty cool looking but attacking my sea star is a deal breaker. He must go as I am too limited in options of appealing tank mates. When I purchased him about 2 months ago he was sold to me at roughly $40 but had cost me more in the long run. I plan to get another sea star not as a replacement but an addition as (sandy) my sifter is still hanging in there. My question is there any store where I could trade fish for some value of some sort let’s say a coral or two? Please help I want to achieve beauty but I can do that with only one fish..... HE HAS TO GO

I love Triggers, never been brave enough to try one in a reef tank. A truly beautiful fish. Good luck finding him a new home.

Put a for sale thread in the Livestock and Drygoods forum. Maybe one of the members here would like an acclimated Picasso.

Most of the local fish stores will take the fish in for trade. Talk to them and ask for suggestions for fish that would be best suited for a 29 gallon tank. Then see which of those options you like the best and ask if they'll take the trigger for a couple of smaller fish.

The star you have will grow its legs back, but like Leo said in the other thread, there may not be enough food in the sand to sustain it. I definitely would not add another because they will both starve for sure. Just see how things go with the one you have.

ive always wanted one of these but i was afraid it would do what yours did lol

[CHARGE=][/CHARGE] I am very new to the hobby so I don’t know what to expect from any fish, perhaps I’m going the trial and era period

Clown triggers are one of the larger more aggressive triggers. Pretty much all triggers are not Reef safe because they will demolish your inverts.

Its all trial and error what works with you might not work for some ,i have a porcupine puffer in my reef hasn't eaten anything besides the hermits the snails he ignores and ive had 2 peppermints that have been in the tank before he got there still see them pokeing out the back randomly. But usually how people characterize fish is correct

Back