montipora eating flat worms!!

mvm

Market
Reaction score
Well, I took out a piece of my leng sy and confirmed that there are little, TINY red flat worms eating my montipora. I find this interesting because I thought that flatworms commonly ate acros? Has anyone ever heard of this? I plan to treat with FW exit tomorrow unless someone near me has some. Thoughts?

And I'm wrong again. It's monti eating flat worms!!!! I've only added corals from 2 different sources to my tank in the last several months, so it obviously came from one of those 2 tanks. Anyway, I just trashed a large leng sy cap, already lost a pokerstar and superman. Any thoughts as to whether they eat all montis, or just certain ones. I have an appleberry and a forest fire that I would be devasted if they destroyed. Oh well, seeing as montis are my favorite coral, I guess it's to be expected...

Try blowing them off with a turkey baster or dip them in freshwater. If you keep them off eventually they should starve. That's how I beat my monti eating nudis

I found them on a cap I have. All i did was a Coral Rx dip and they flew off the coral!

Wow that is scary. I have quite a few montis and would be devasted as well.

They are actually the white ones. I saw a few red flatworms at first, before I discovered the nudis.

Darren, this does indeed suck. If I ever get past this thing, I may have to hit you up again. The leng sy came from you, as well as the FF.

MvM;327528 wrote: And I'm wrong again. It's monti eating flat worms!!!! I've only added corals from 2 different sources to my tank in the last several months, so it obviously came from one of those 2 tanks. Anyway, I just trashed a large leng sy cap, already lost a pokerstar and superman. Any thoughts as to whether they eat all montis, or just certain ones. I have an appleberry and a forest fire that I would be devasted if they destroyed. Oh well, seeing as montis are my favorite coral, I guess it's to be expected...
I just caught this. It's supposed to say nudis...

MvM;327516 wrote: I plan to treat with FW exit tomorrow unless someone near me has some.

Matt,
I live a few minutes from you. Let me know if you need it. I have FW eXit available.

Call me crazy but I have always heard that particular wrasse's will eat flat worms.

Use the turkey baster 2-3 times a day to blast those suckers off. It will pay off in the end

Be devout in your treatment. The eggs are the issue, as I dont belive the FWExit will do anything to them. Be vigilant.

jmaneyapanda;327729 wrote: Be devout in your treatment. The eggs are the issue, as I dont belive the FWExit will do anything to them. Be vigilant.
I think I confused everyone with this post. I was going to use FWE when I thought it was flat worms. Now that I found that it's nudis, I have to take a different route.

"yellow coris wrasse" That is what Ramone got for the flat worms in his wife's small tank

IamRit;327749 wrote: Get you some Leopard and Radiant wrasses. They should control your nudi and flatworm problem. I have 2 leopard and 2 Radiant in my display tank as an insurance. Never have issue with nudi and flatworm issues in my display. I might add the two wrasses are beautiful too. I don't think the FWExit going to solve your problem if you have nudi issue.
Yeah, I know the FWE won't work for the nudis, I mentioned that when I thought it was the FW doing the damage. The only problem is that both leaporard and radiant wrasses sleep in the sand, and my tank is BB. I guess I could put a dish of sand in there. Would that work? Anyone seen any lfs with radiant, yellow coris, or leopard wrasse?

Matt,
So sorry to hear about your nudi issues. I hope you can get it taken care of quickly. I have a 20 extra tall tank and stand you can borrow, heaters, mag 3, canister filters etc. Just LMK.

Also, hit me up when you start replacing your montis. I have some Leng Sy I got as a freebie that is growing. Be glad to give you a piece.
Dave

Matt just LMK and I will hook you up.

Just to clarify for everyone the Nudis did not come from me as Matt got his frags from me a long time ago. :)

Darren

MvM;327768 wrote: Yeah, I know the FWE won't work for the nudis, I mentioned that when I thought it was the FW doing the damage. The only problem is that both leaporard and radiant wrasses sleep in the sand, and my tank is BB. I guess I could put a dish of sand in there. Would that work? Anyone seen any lfs with radiant, yellow coris, or leopard wrasse?

you can (not suggested though) put a container that will hold at least 3" of sand.

Back