Montipora eating something??

mvm

Market
Reaction score
I can't figure it out. I have several monti's, superman, poker, and now a leng sy that have started bleaching, very slowly, from the edges. I have yet to lose one, but it's becoming a little annoying. All I can see is some small blueish starfish on and near the affected corals occasionally. I did see on GARF where they have ID'ed a few species of sps eating asternia stars. Any ideas? I think I'm going to pick up a harlequin to see if I can train him to eat the stars...

I never see my harlequin eating the asterinas. Maybe he does, and I hope so, cus thats why I got him.

I'm with dawgdude --

If it's the montipora eating nudibranchs you will see small circular-looking white areas on your montis, and tiny white nudis on them. I was able to see mine during the day when I had them.

For the asterinas, if you do see them on the coral then that's probably not a good sign -- do you see them right on the area that is getting eaten?

No clue Matt but if you lose the Leng LMK and I will give you another. I think you got the Leng from me about a year ago right?

montipora eating nudibranchs would be my guess as well they eat the edges making a white ring around montis just as you described

Back