More Cool Skimmers

cameron

Market
Reaction score
Well someone is finally selling the Korallen Zucht skimmers here in the states. One of the better performers these days and uses a "revolutionary" conical design.... I am not sold personally:

http://fragfarmer.com/Protein-Skimmers-p-1-c-29.html">http://fragfarmer.com/Protein-Skimmers-p-1-c-29.html</a>

They do carry the Bermuda Aquatics line of skimmers which I have heard good things about.

I don't see how a conical body would be more efficient. And the price- ridiculous

uummm.... what's that on the price tag? I think they accidentally put the decimal point in the wrong place...
but just think... you can have "soft and creamy absorbate"!!!

In theory (and probably reality), it decreases turbulence quite a bit. The conical design is also less problematic for lifting the foam into the neck but that is flow related as well. Conical design skimmers have shown in local tests to be very good at producing a solid consistent foam. They are just more difficult to manufactor than the typical skimmer we see today.

Pricewise they are no more rediculous than Deltec, H&S, BK, BM, etc.

well considering their color choices, I don't think an affordable price was a factor in the design.

Wow... that's pricey for a cone shaped skimmer. I'm not sure why it would be that much more expensive to manufacture but oh well!

Jaandgc;54791 wrote: Are those becket skimmers?

They are needlewheel skimmers. ATI is coming out with a conical shaped skimmers as well. It will more than likely be using the Sicce pump with the meshwheel.

look at the bottom of the detail page for model #959 sure looks like a 1408 becket head to me.

Sure does look like a beckett. I guess KZ has made a number of changes to these new skimmers!

Cameron;54734 wrote: They do carry the Bermuda Aquatics line of skimmers which I have heard good things about.

From the web page:

"The Bermuda Protein Skimmer is revolutionizing the aquarium hobby. Thanks to the patent pending "Venturi-Mixer-Injector," now you can enjoy a skimmer that is simple to use, and unique in performance. The fuss of maintaining your skimmer is a thing of the past. BPS skimmers set the curve for performance and reliability."

Is this 1985?

I saw that skimmer and wondered how long it will be before someone builds a conical body, recirculating skimmer that is wider at the top than the bottom and claims it is a more efficient design....and charges twice as much.

Oh well. Another Uberskimmer to add to my wish list.

Back