MorganAtlanta 120

morganatlanta

Market
Reaction score
A few pics of my Planet Aquariums 120 gallon from Pure Reef.

Basic stats are:
120 gallons
60"x24"x21"
3x Noopsyche K7 Pro LEDs
2 Maxspect gyres
7" Klir roller filter
Chaeto fuge
No skimmer
10ml/min = 4 gallons/day water change via two Komoer pumps
Dosing ATI Essentials Pro two part
Dosing Acropower
Feeding 4x/day New Life Spectrum small pellets plus nori and the occasional mysis cube and shrimp for the nems
Alk around 180ppm or 10dkh
Nitrates less than 2ppm

Fish:
Quoyi parrot
Caribbean blue tang
Coral beauty
Pair of file fish

Corals:
Various montis
Purple stylo
Purple poci
Green birds nest
Couple war corals
Green hydnophora
Couple acros still recovering
Bush, whip, finger and encrusting gorgonians
Green sinularia
Candy cane
Toadstool
Way too much xenia

Sebae nem
Rainbow nem
Rock nems
Haitian condy nem

I'm a 10 year club member. I was having some good success over the last couple years, but lost almost all my livestock in a disastrous house/tank move. I decided to reset and build a new tank and support systems based on my experience. I was tempted to go really big, but scaled back to a size I think I can easily maintain without it taking over my life. I built a"fish closet" behind the tank that houses all the equipment, and I can access the sump from behind. All daily tasks are automated and I'm doing 10ml/min (4 gallons/day) constant water changes. I just have to make water every two weeks.

It all seems to be working, and what survived the move is doing well in the new tank. I've added quite a few corals and some nems over the last month or so. Thanks to all the club members for offering up such great stuff at reasonable prices!

Looking forward to things settling in now and just keeping it happy and letting it grow. If I can keep from fiddling with it...

a4e8dc02f642c71d340e44fe883b54f3.jpg
a0b2c8d87f32bd18ed637eb54c409c3b.jpg
9e0001ba64460842d84d5c5d615d25d2.jpg
2fde40dc5e75c34109887abc3fe48d71.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

How is you sebae anemone? I was thinking of getting one. Do you have pics?

It seems happy. I have a pair of black and white clowns that found it after a few weeks of wandering around the tank and have been hosting in it for a couple months now. It still looks just like it does in the picture above (lower left side of the tank).

It seems happy. I have a pair of black and white clowns that found it after a few weeks of wandering around the tank and have been hosting in it for a couple months now. It still looks just like it does in the picture above (lower left side of the tank).
Do you have a better pic? Does it have white on it?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back