mounting legs for coralife fixture?

rasbora

Market
Reaction score
I currently have the fixed mounting legs on my coralife light fixture.
p-21148-43344-fish-supply.jpg
alt="" />

My problem is I keep a glass lid on the tank. The adjustable ones won't work because the glass gets in the way. The fixed ones don't allow for room to open the lid, without moving the light off. Any ideas if there are mounting legs that are more square, like a 90 degree angle, so the lid can be lifted up an inch or two? If nothing else I'll try to macgyver some.

You could make a lid out of egg crate and just cut around the legs or you could use acrylic. I see customizing the lid as safer and easier than the legs.

unless the tank is FOWLR, you shouldn't use egg crate on the top of the tank. It is actually a light diffuser and will kill the light getting into the tank. Check with Dave (acroholic) about the 1/4" mesh and using that to make the top out of it.You can custom cut and fit around the adjustable legs.

Oh this is for a planted tank. I use glasstops during the winter, and in the summer I use screen tops made out of pond netting. You folks are probably right it's easier to change the top than the legs probably. Only having this glasstop/mounting leg issue with this one tank, the rest have canopies or have lights mounted on wall/rack. After wasting some time on google, I think I have few ideas on how to make a mounting leg with a 90 degree angle. Will post a pic if it works, else if no pic the idea failed:p

Back