Moving a 150, Might Need Help Monday (7/4)

cici22

Supporting
Reaction score
So last semester school kept me really busy and my tank had to go without water changes for a bit. Now I am losing a battle against hair algae and I am getting fustrated with how difficult it is to upgrade an AIO. I decided to upgrade to a larger tank since the stability should allow it to go a little longer between maintainence without too much problem. Makes sense, right? :)

Anyways, I found a 150 gallon for a decent price but I didn't realize how huge a 150 really was until I saw it in person. How many people will it take to move this tank? I believe the dimensions are 72"x18"x24" for the (glass) tank. The stand is custom built and seems a bit taller than an average stand.

I think I should be covered on picking it up (I have two guys and the guy who is selling it to help load). My concern is when I get back to my house whether two guys will be able to carry it in. Only one step onto the stoop and about 10 feet into the house, so nothing difficult. Should I arrange for one more person to meet at the house? Anyone live in the Acworth area that would be willing to spare less than 30 minutes during the day Monday? I can pay a bit (and provide beer :thumbs:)

Thanks!

Me and a buddy carried a 7 foot 210 gallon all glass down a set of stairs , but it was a Mofo. It will be difficult but very possible. If I was close by I would help,but I am also picking up my 320 this saturday

Good luck

JennM;661597 wrote: Eddy practiced moving a 125 just this past Tuesday :)
Practiced nothing I moved that tank like it was a feather, threw it on my back and ran the whole way from woodstock to rome:lol2::)

Wow! You guys are awesome!

I'm still working out the details and will, hopefully, post tonight with more precise times.

Thanks again! I was really stressing about moving such a large tank. Well, I'm still stressing but not as much :)

Back