moving a 300 gallon tank

maceface

Reaction score
Hello...so I'm new to the area and don't know 6 people to help move the 300 gallon aquarium made out of 3/4 glass weighing in at over 600lbs...that is being delivered in 6 weeks..curbside.

So I was thinking if I could find a scissor table lift like below, it would make moving it much easier. Does anyone know where I can rent one? If searched online and can only find them for purchase. I'm in marietta.

Thanks!

jcb-mobile-scissor-lift-table.jpg
alt="" />

I don't know where you can rent one but keep in mind you'll probably have to turn it sideways to get it through doors , not to mention thresholds and steps.
you're still going to need four guys...lol and suction cups.

Depending on my availability at the time I would be happy to help. But other places to look for rental would be, Hertz Equipment Rental and United Equipment Rental.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -
a>

I think Northside tool rental would be your best bet, they have a lot of weird stuff, although I've never seen one of those, I have 2 sets of professional suction cups and glass gloves, depending on the date I may be available

I'm near Marietta, depending on what day I don't mind helping out.

I'm in Marietta and will help if I am around...think that makes 4 :)

I've done several moves with a lift just like the one you have pictured and suction cups. I moved a 450 not too long ago with 4 guys and that same lift. Get some strong dollies to move in and out of doorways until you get to the stand. Use suctions cups to place the tank onto the scissor lift and jack it up to the correct height (using a blanket to reduce friction helps) and slide it into place by using the suction cups. Its some heavy lifting but not terrible if you do it correctly.

If you can't find a scissor lift you can make do with a few heavy duty trash cans on casters. I've seen that done a few times successfully...

Back