Moving a 90 gallon tank

sergio706

Supporting
Reaction score
Any tips on moving a 90 gallon about 20 min from location? What equipment is best when transferring water and what are the best steps to start with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When i have to move large amounts of water i use a 65gallon trashcan and some of the larger 30gallon storage containers just dont fill to capacity , and wrap the top closed
20 min shouldn't worry about to much temp fluctuation

5 gallon buckets, i go to the gym a lot and I don't want to carry more than that. I would recommend setting up the ro unit at the new place and make some new water that way you don't have to move all of it and you can start fresh. Move all of your rocks in water that way the bacteria is good, keep your sand in water also. I've done this a few times and haven't crashed yet.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Plan the move and invite people to help! Someone recently asked for help moving a tank but it was the same day and I couldn't make it. Part of the helping hands can be asking them to bring 5g containers. I know I've got 2 clean buckets and 2 water totes that I use and could bring to haul 20g of water for ya. Also, plan on removing all rockwork. It doesn't matter how careful a person might be, rock can move and crack glass. Even base rock in the sand can be propeleld with enough force to crack a pane if you have to stop really quick.

Thanks for the tips guys! I ended up moving it today. Took about 3 29 gallon crates and a brute trash bucket! Lasted all day today but finally got the tank setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back