Moving a full 210

mike oglesby

Market
Reaction score
We are redoing our carpet in our house and I am thinking of moving our tank to a different wall. My idea is to jack up the tank and put dollies under the stand and roll it out of the way , have the carpet installed then roll it into the new position. Anyone on here ever tried moving a tank this way.
Tank is glass. Yes I will take some water out before I start.

My biggest concern would be the stand racking during the process. The straight downward forces are easy for a stand to support but when the center of gravity shifts from sloshing water the forces become lateral.

I think if it were me, I would not try to move it with water in it.

rdnelson99;1040436 wrote: My biggest concern would be the stand racking during the process. The straight downward forces are easy for a stand to support but when the center of gravity shifts from sloshing water the forces become lateral.

I think if it were me, I would not try to move it with water in it.

+1 for sure.
You are taking an incredible chance with a good amount of weight. Biggest issue it that if it does not work the punishment will be swift and total. Could break a seal, crack glass, collapse the stand, shift live rock..... The list goes on and on.

+2

dont risk it.
break it down. this could easily be one of those darwin moments.

now if you had straps and an engine hoist..... (lol)

Agreed I would never risk moving a full tank. It is always best to drain and break it down... then move it.

Jakub

wow! dont do it!

get a few big trash cans..pump the water out.. most of it anyway...

move the tank... pump water back in ... plan ahead and i bet you could drain / move / refill in 45 mins or less.

B

Back