moving coral?

blind1993

Market
Reaction score
i just got a coral that is moving and you can see it move. it looks like xenia or a mushroom. any thoughts? ill get some pics today

Its hard to confuse a xenia and a mushroom... Its like confusing pineapples with pita bread. Regardless, they both move... slowly :).

FutureInterest;127933 wrote: Its hard to confuse a xenia and a mushroom... Its like confusing pineapples with pita bread. Regardless, they both move... slowly :).

lol:lol2:

There are some corals that actually move, but usually from contracting and expanding. Aren't plate corals supposed to be able to crawl all over the place. Also, are you sure you don't have an anemone of some sort?

well i got some pics and here they are. also they coral actually moves like a snail.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
128349=7823-id coral 034.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
128349=7823-id coral 034.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="id coral 034.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
128349=7822-id coral 035.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
128349=7822-id coral 035.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="id coral 035.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
128349=7821-id coral 036.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
128349=7821-id coral 036.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="id coral 036.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Cameron;128010 wrote: There are some corals that actually move, but usually from contracting and expanding. Aren't plate corals supposed to be able to crawl all over the place. Also, are you sure you don't have an anemone of some sort?
They can move if they dont like the postion they are in..Like you said, Inflate and scoot..

i can not figure out how to get good pics on my sisters camera, it is an Exilim 7.2 meg

I'm not sure what it is... one of the pics isn't completely lochness'd but its still tough to make out what it might be. It looks like it might be that super rare Tyree brown boom boom chalice??? Not sure though the pic is so blurry... J/k.

One thing is certain though, its brown... so I say kill it. Treat it like a pest and squirt it full of death. If it was hot pink or bright purple or at least interesting looking...it might deserve a stay of execution. It's not though, so KILL it :).

off to LFS it goes, i only have 2 so it is no problem for me. but before it does i will get some more pics.

Back