Moving tanks? Tips and tricks?

tbrennan

Supporting
Reaction score
Ok so what is everyone experiences in moving their tanks? Any tips or tricks? Going to be moving soon but my house isn’t going to be able to live in until I get done some remodeling. But I have to be out of the current place I am in before April 1st so I am in a little bit of a pickle i feel like. Any suggestions on what I should do would help greatly. Really don’t wanna lose anything in this move and I know I might but I want to make thing as easy and stress free as possible.

Rubbermaid stock tank - xfer livestocka nd as much rock / water as possible. You don't need much to keep stuff alive. Heater, ATO, pump of some sort & a light.

You should be able to keep everything alive for a good while that way.
This is great advice. Having a temporary setup helps to make the transition easier. The $1/gallon sale is going on now. 40B is $50. If you don't have space for the stock tank, a 40B is pretty solid for a temp setup.

Also, if you have multiple tanks (and it is feasible), plan for a day for each tank. I've moved my tanks 2x in the last 5 years. Once an hour away. Once 3 hours. Each one I spend a day on reaking down and setting up at the next place. I'd also suggest getting new sand when you move.

You're out in West GA right? I have a 20L tank and stand that's empty you can borrow if you need a small temp setup for the transition.

I'm a bit curious about this myself - is the stock tank just for temporary holding during tank break-down and setup? Presumably the livestock is going in buckets or something more easily moved for the actual transport stage, correct?

I'm a bit curious about this myself - is the stock tank just for temporary holding during tank break-down and setup? Presumably the livestock is going in buckets or something more easily moved for the actual transport stage, correct?
The stock tank is a long term temporary holding tank (if that makes sense). In a case like this where he has to move the tank 2x in a short period, you set up the stock tank to run the system in the interim so you aren't setting up and breaking down the tank 2x.

You're out in West GA right? I have a 20L tank and stand that's empty you can borrow if you need a small temp setup for the transition.
Ya I am. And thanks for the offer! As soon as I get a plan in action I will let you know!

Back