Moving tanks

ptreef

Market
Reaction score
So I'm moving from flowery branch to Augusta for grad school and I want to move my tank (50g). I sign the lease and move in my apartment on Friday. It's a 3 hour trip and I was wanting some advice for anyone who's done something like this?

My corals are all small frags except zoa colonies on rocks. One small/med fish.

I just moved a 58 gallon tank last month. Biggest thing I would say is to have new water made up and ready to go at the new location. Don't plan on reusing the old water. Use it for transport. Let me know if you need any containers. I have some give gallon buckets and 20g brute from my move I'll give you a deal on.

Forgot to mention, if you want them I'm in Duluth about 5 min from Atlanta Aquarium.

Mystery_me;1029687 wrote: Brandon. I have a bunch of styrofoam coolers u can have

I might have to take you up on those coolers. I'm hoping to make new saltwater in Augusta and then bring the tank and livestock a few days later. I just need to transport all the frags safely as well as the zoa rocks

Small styrofoam pieces with a hole poked in it and stick the frag plugs in the hole so the float facing down

I assumed they would be submerged entirely the whole time

But if you put them on the bottom of a box, they'll tumble and get smashed. If you have them floating in water, the water acts as a shock absorber

I knew that I would have to secure them down somehow. Wouldn't the same principle of jamming them in some styrofoam work right side up?

What he's saying is the styro pieces float and the frags are below the floating pieces of styro.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh yeah. Duh. I was thinking about them being at the bottom somehow.

I did a series on this topic on YouTube. I moved my 140 from Texas to Georgia.

<!-- gcu-updated ame -->http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJcAYpo6NQngHZMjJY7RASnPm6wzvQb_K<!-- gcu-updated /ame -->

Well everyone covered that one for me. Let me know brandon. I have all of that stuff if u need it

Back