Mp 40w

mockery

Market
Reaction score
So I picked one up today and can I just put it in the tank right out of the box or does anything need to be done to it?

Thanks
Colin

What is it?

I'm headed to google for a quick education of this Mp 40w

Ah!

The holy Grail of all water cirrculators. Need not say I have no input...........

Good Luck

It comes with instructions. There's a spacer that you need to put on based on the thickness of your class and then you need to make sure the two sides are properly aligned. You then need to select which program you want to run it on.

You should also put a big rubber band around your jaw in order to keep it from hitting the floor when the awesomeness of the MP40 becomes apparent to you... :)

I can't believe I thought I had adequate flow before I got this thing...

Paitently waiting on mine in the mail...sure i have said this in more than one thread but i am excited

Thanks realfish I'll read that now.

Parsonsaj I'll make sure to get one

Jeep I know the feeling! In just today I picked up my new custom tank and the Vortech! It has been like Christmas!!

I just put mine in yesterday and as they said, you set up the spacer based on the thickness of your glass, attach the strain relief on the dry side so that if it falls it doesn't break anything, make small adjustments with it running on full power to line up the wet and dry sides and then throttle it back the way you like it and pick the mode by pressing the black mode button and cycling through the various modes. I have mine set on lagoon. It's amazing how much thrust it has on full power. You should also do the calibration to allow it to shut down should it fall off. The instructions are in the manual.

I've had a separate thread asking if anyone has tried hooking up a gel cell to the 12v input and am still waiting to find the first adventurous soul...

Ok another question. My dry side will be touching paint is that a problem?

Ok even another question. the sticker that is on the motor do i leave that on?

Mockery;337506 wrote: Ok even another question. the sticker that is on the motor do i leave that on?

The magnets are so strong, it doesn't really matter either way.

Yet another question. With just one pump what mode should i run it is?

I've got a 70g corner tank and since both sides are against walls the only place I could install it was the back on the side of the overflow. I've been running mine in lagoon mode with the speed set pretty low. I'm also going to try the pulse modes to see if I can get a wave going without blowing everything all over the place.

Back