MP40 Help

huskerreefatl

Market
Reaction score
Hey all,
So I decided to swap out my multiple powerhead setup for a MP40 QD and I really like it, except, it won't leave night mode. So I installed it 4 days ago and set the night mode that night and every day so far it won't leave night mode so I do a hard reset to start over. I sent a note to Ecotech yesterday but haven't heard back yet so I thought that I would get your thoughts.

Thanks,
Carl

Check to see any lights point night around the driver. That can cause the driver cant change to night mode..
GO BIG RED...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Google the ecotech manual and perform a factory reset, then program the pump to your liking.

The lighting does indicate night node with the "breathing" white (as the manual calls it). Today, instead of doing a hard reset, I powered it off and then back on to get out of night mode.

I think GBR is done for the season....darn it. Poor play calling and QB play yesterday.

Sn4k33y3z;1061383 wrote: Google the ecotech manual and perform a factory reset, then program the pump to your liking.

I have done that but it didn't fix it. I have actually done that every day except today where I powered it down to get out of night mode.

Sn4k33y3z;1061383 wrote: Google the ecotech manual and perform a factory reset, then program the pump to your liking.

On a related note, the small manual that comes with it refers you to the full manual for more details but they don't tell you where to find it. If you go to their site or google it, the only full manual that I have found is for the older MP40 ES, not the newer Quite Drive. I am sure that they are basically the same so I have been using it. It is interesting that with the price of these pumps, they should make sure that you have access to all of the information that you need to run them.

I contacted ecotech and they are sending a new driver. They told me that they have had issues with some drivers not leaving night time mode.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I had the same issue with my mp40qd and ecotech replaced the driver. Now the new driver will not hold night mode.

Interesting. Do you think that it would be a problem if I just set it on the main setting and plugged it into my Reefkeeper Elite? This way it is controlled by the RKE for feeding and nighttime. The channel just shuts down power to it so it would shut off during those times. The only issue that I can see is that I also bought the battery backup so if the power shuts down, the battery backup should kick in so I would have to figure that out. Any thoughts? Did you contact Ecotech to replace the replacement?

I have not contacted Ecotech about the replacement driver yet. I am going to reset it and see how that goes. I hope you have better luck with your replacement.

So I received the replacement driver from Ecotech. It was just the motherboard so I had to take the controller apart, replace it, and then send the other back. Wasn't difficult but surprised me that they wouldn't just send another whole controller. It is working like is should now.

Back