MP40 making wobbling/vibration noise

anthony

Market
Reaction score
My MP40 which is the white one not the Quiet Drive is making a wobbling or vibration noise. Is this fixable? And if not fixable will it be okay. I don't mind the noise that much but I don't want to damage my tank..(biocube)

Have you tried opening up the wet side? Take the impeller out and check around the magnet to make sure there's no sand or grit inside

Have you tried opening up the wet side? Take the impeller out and check around the magnet to make sure there's no sand or grit inside
Thanks for the reply I have taken it apart everything that appears to be okay. I think one thing that kind of odd is the propeller seemed a little tight. I'm not sure how that works does that whole magnet on the bottom turn or just the propeller and it's shaft? I apologize for my ignorance on that subject

The whole magnet turns; sometimes if it feels tight and there isn't any foreign material I've found the magnet to be swollen, in which case you'll need a new wet aside.

If
You turn it down to 80% does
It make less noise?

The whole magnet turns; sometimes if it feels tight and there isn't any foreign material I've found the magnet to be swollen, in which case you'll need a new wet aside.
Oh.. ok.. that makes sense.. I will check it out. I do appreciate the info.. these are old so I'm not expecting much pluses just meed something for this buocube..

Back