Mrc calcium reactor opinions wanted

basscyn

Market
Reaction score
I am in the market for a calcium reactor (350 gallons volume)
I am also a noob to calcium reeactors.

Got my eye on a used MRC CR-4 Dual reactor.

Any opinions on this product ??

Thanks!

Yup,
Send me the link - I'll buy it unseen! Lol
Seriously - probably the best piece of equipment I ever owned, for the right price - I'd buy another one. Haha

I'm not familiar with that model.. I believe the second chamber is set up as a buffering chamber, isn't it? (or is it an active "dissolve" chamber?)..

Best calcium reactor you'll find. I'd move on it. I have a CR-6...

Thanks guys

Yes... I feel pretty confident with MRC. I just wanted to see if there was any dirt on this particular model.

Sounds like I need to pull the trigger.

If not, let me know as i need to move up from my cr1 with additional cannister to the cr4

The other chamber is used to make sure all the carbon dioxide is dissolved and won't get shot into your system

I still need to figure out why mine is working right. Dave came over on Saturday and we're still stumped. I'm going to try going from the fine media to the larger stuff to see if that doesnt help.

If you've found a deal on a used or new CR4 I'd take it. Seems to me that all the info I found while looking for one was that either MRC or Geo was the way to go.

Crewdawg1981;661136 wrote: If you've found a deal on a used or new CR4 I'd take it.

Still working out the details, but seems like a pretty good deal.

...then someone has to show me how to run this rig :yes:

it's easy as pie....I just hooked up dual chamber reactor and it didn't take me too long to hook it up.

Are you getting a PH Controller in this package?

Dvara78;661302 wrote: it's easy as pie....I just hooked up dual chamber reactor and it didn't take me too long to hook it up.

Are you getting a PH Controller in this package?

I got a nice milwaukee controller from a member here a couple of days ago.

This will include reactor, c02 tank , regulator and media

Chris, let me know when you get your equipment. I'll help you set it up, it's really not that bad, especially since you have a good controller.

hfleming;661356 wrote: Chris, let me know when you get your equipment. I'll help you set it up, it's really not that bad, especially since you have a good controller.

Thanks for the offer Heath. I may take you up on that. I'll take a swing at it myself first. I'll let you know if it beats me.:)

Looks like its going to happen. Just a matter of shipping now. Probably get it late next week. With the holiday...maybe longer. But Im in no rush.

Back