Mrs. Wages Locally?

texhorns98

Market
Reaction score
I searched high and low in Publix and Kroger today for pickling lime. Anyone know where you can find it in a store? Spice section? Or do you have to have to order it on-line?

texhorns98;348657 wrote: I searched high and low in Publix and Kroger today for pickling lime. Anyone know where you can find it in a store? Spice section? Or do you have to have to order it on-line?

My Publix recently had it on sale for $1.99 for a large container. Look by the canning supplies - not in the spice section.

I bought 5 one-pound cans at Kroger today for $1.25 each. They were on one of the clearance displays near the pharmacy. If it weren't for the distance you'd have to drive I'd say come get a couple from me. You're certainly welcome to, but it'll take you about an hour to get here.

Yup, not by the spices but by the canning supplies. I got a large container back in January when I started using a kalk drip every other night. I recently put 1/2 cup in my kalk reactor, and I still have half the container left. I may go stock up pretty soon here just so it's on hand.

texhorns98;348668 wrote: Well I feel stupid now! Where are the canning supplies usually?

There's an aisle marked for that. Just check the sale bins near the front also, that's where I found it today.

If you want to drive this far I'll give you a pound free.

texhorns98;348668 wrote: Well I feel stupid now! Where are the canning supplies usually?

It's different in every store - the junk aisle - ask someone for mason jar lids. They'll know where those are and the pickling lime will be in the same aisle.

Check Wal-Mart. A while back they were clearing them out. I bought every one they had (at every wally I could find)..they were 25 cents per can...woo-hoo!

This has nothing to do with your lime question but I wanted to throw these two things at you..

1. Gallery Furniture saaaaaaaaaavvvvvvvveeeeeeees you moneeeeeeeeeeey but they had a huge fire the other day

2. There was sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime in the ice machine.............Maaaaarrvin Zinnnnnnddddddlerrrrrrr Eye Witness News. Of course he's dead now.

Ask someone in the store where the Mason jars for canning are, they can direct you to them.

Seedless Reefer;348709 wrote: This has nothing to do with your lime question but I wanted to throw these two things at you..

1. Gallery Furniture saaaaaaaaaavvvvvvvveeeeeeees you moneeeeeeeeeeey but they had a huge fire the other day

2. There was sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime in the ice machine.............Maaaaarrvin Zinnnnnnddddddlerrrrrrr Eye Witness News. Of course he's dead now.

Holidays are always nice... you can start drinking early. :D

Seedless Reefer;348709 wrote: This has nothing to do with your lime question but I wanted to throw these two things at you..

Really Loren, If you're going to be incoherent, at least do it On-Topic!

Barry, could you bring me a very small amount of this pickling lime to the next meeting? Just a small baggy....... (I'm thinking something like half an 8-Ball)

I'll gladly pay for it.

above the peanut butter at my publix check the bread isle it used to be there

or ask one of the people stocking the isles there they always know where everything is

Dakota9;348733 wrote: Really Loren, If you're going to be incoherent, at least do it On-Topic!

Barry, could you bring me a very small amount of this pickling lime to the next meeting? Just a small baggy....... (I'm thinking something like half an 8-Ball)

I'll gladly pay for it.

I'll bring you however much you want; no need to pay me. Bring me a frag of something and tell me how many pounds of Mrs. Wages it'll cost! I'll</em> gladly pay!
What's an 8-ball? Like the size of a spherical piece of pocket billiard equipment?
&lt;----waits for the uncomfortable answer

cr500_af;348774 wrote: I'll bring you however much you want; no need to pay me. Bring me a frag of something and tell me how many pounds of Mrs. Wages it'll cost! I'll</em> gladly pay!
What's an 8-ball? Like the size of a spherical piece of pocket billiard equipment?
&lt;----waits for the uncomfortable answer

My tank is fairly new so afraid theres no extra frags as of yet, other than the ones that Matt gave me that proliferated so quickly, I could frag them a month later. Those were given away back at the April Meeting.... I do have some Macros, including some rooted Halimeda if you're interested.

As far as any uncomfortable answer goes, honestly, it's been so long, I think I've forgotten..........

define.php

Just kidding, anyway. I'll give you at least a half can at the meeting. If I have something come up I'll send it with somebody.

Back