multi chip leds... like em?

jbdreefs

Market
Reaction score
Been out of the hobby for about a year. Back then the multi chips started popping up in and around Atlanta.

I am curious to hear from people who have used them for a period of significant length.

Questions:

I was always concerned about the spot lighting. How does yours look over the tank? Mounting heigth? Optics? Those not using the lenses, have you experienced any corrosion issues?

I thought, a year ago, that the 50s and 100s would pack to much punch (too centralized with lenses) and that people would be running them at around 50% max.

Thoughts. Would love to hear user feedback and see pictures of tanks with them.

Edit: Would also like to see the dream chip in action, but I dont see that any are hanging over a tank.

I've been using the Radion for 9 months and love it but after a lot of research it appears the SPS have better color and growth with MH (which I have no experience with).
I'm setting up a new 4' long 75 gal this month and I'm going to use both. The led's in the middle with a 150W MH on each side of it.

Check out Grouper Thearpy's recent thread on Led questions from users of 12 months or more, that will give you the feed back your asking for.

Back