jon150g

Market
Reaction score
What's wrong with my mushroom?
0f6eabde096dda330ccbb92b2c753b47.jpg
alt="" />

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Looks unhappy did you try to move it, if you tear the foot they do this too

Looks like it got hit by something, very mad. I agree, what's the parameters, including temp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got it Sunday. Its been like this since then. Everything is good except calcium is a bit low, 380-400

Nitrate -0 calcium -400 phosphate -0 kh -179

Have you recently dosed alk? When alk is broadcasted in the tank and doesnt mix fast... it can cause the mushroom to "puke"

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

No i have only added calcium. But it seems to be doing somewhat better. I guess we will see in a few days if it comes around or not.

Soft corals don't care much about calcium since they have no skeleton.

It's likely that the water it came from had seriously different parameters than what you put it into, and it is upset.

Make sure all of your parameters are good - especially pH and specific gravity. Mushrooms are resilient, it will likely bounce back if everything is in spec.

Jenn

Salinity is 1.021.5
Thanks for all the help every one.

1.021? That's low. 1.023-1.025 is preferred for corals.

Jenn

I have been bringing it up very slow over the last few weeks. Just ran out of salt last week and haven't got any more. It started just under 1.020

Jon150g;1117392 wrote: I got it Sunday. Its been like this since then. Everything is good except calcium is a bit low, 380-400

Everything?

Ok ok. Somewhat acceptable may be a better way to put it

We all overlook things, that's why we type it out in the forum. I usually miss what is right in front of me 🤦*♂️

I just started writing everything down. Hopefully it will help get everything straight

You can bring it up more quickly than that. Go too slowly and your stuff will suffer longer than necessary.

Top off with saltwater, instead of fresh and that will bring it up safely. Do monitor so you don't go too high.

Jenn

Its finally trying to come along.
a98f02756c3e06ba46fb0c4e2c49af0c.jpg
alt="" />

I had two that shot their guts out like that. They had just split, and I put both into a new frag tank I had set up. Both looked like that for about a week. Now they're good. It was just a new tank/water issue.

Back