Mushrooms not attaching

saltwaterwannabe

Market
Reaction score
I have never tried to reatach mushrooms until a few weeks ago when I removed some mushrooms from a rock and a couple of plugs.  I placed them in a one quart translucent container with some rubble and a heavily perforated top.  One of the mushrooms took to a piece of rock within a couple of days, but the other 4 mushrooms do not seem to want to grab to the rubble.  I changed the tops for a clearer one with even larger holes so more light can reach the bottom, but to date, these just continue to swish around when I pick up the cup to check on them every couple of days.  Any thoughts as to what I may be doing wrong?
z7mj1xldykh1zv7vett1i7btfx4z1m2r.jpg
alt="Mushroom container" width="1031" height="580" />
>

That's just the nature of mushrooms.  It doesn't have anything to do with flow or amount of light.  I've tried multiple ways to force them to attach.  One method that some use is to rubber band them to a rock.  I don't like this method.  I have used cheesecloth in the past with a high degree of success.  Simply take a strip of cheesecloth, place the mushroom facing upwards on the rubble and then wrap it lightly with a couple of turns of the cloth making sure to cover the mushroom completely.  Don't wrap to tight or with to many turns.  Over a few days, it will take a hold of the rock and the cheesecloth will disintegrate in the saltwater or you can physically remove it.

One other method is to simply superglue the foot to a rock but be absolutely certain this is where you want them.

I ended up leaving the mushrooms alone in the container for 5 days and they ended up attaching.  I am guessing they were just slow to attach and my swishing them around every couple of days disrupted their attachment.

Back