Frogspawn
Orange Digitata
Orange montipora
Green montipora
Green Star Polyps
Purple Mushroom
Green Yellow Stripe Mushrooms
Watermelon Zoanthids
4 other Zoanthids coloneys (2 waiting to color up 1 amazing pink center)
Finger Leather (to me moved to 10g softie/mantis setup)

full tank shot ( please ignore that birdsnest i have organized the wires now lol)
IMG_0055.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_0049.jpg
alt="" />

furture plans inclued a ATO system and korilla Nano

What do you guys think? comments ideas all welcome been out of the hobby for 5 years and jumped back in last october.

gah lol i forgot about my bubble coral = P , wasent looking at tank when listing

well yes and no..... all the lights have een gutted and retroed into my DIY canopy for the 10g. The plastic spashguard is missing a chunk (i love my doggies) I do have the caopy and the heatshield.

Smallblock;514810 wrote: whats that orange stuff in the bottom middle?

Sun coral, all closed up for the day. They are non-photosynthetic and require supplemental feedings, and you can train them to be open during day time.

i think i know what they look like when they are open. short kinda branchy right but soft

i feed the colony twice a week there alot of work to keep well fed but my system is proving to work great for me.

Take a small plastic container and fill it half way up with tank water and place the sun coral in the container. for feeding get a syringe from walgreens ( will give it to you free if you ask nice , the ones for giving babys liquid medicine)

Take the syringe and fill it up water from the container, then take a shotglass place a peice of cyclopese into it , then squert the syringe over it till it is all thawed. Simpley fill up the syrenge with the mixture. place a few drops of the mixture into the container and wait for the polyps to fully open , takes my colony about 15-20 min. After fully open slowley drip the mixture over the polyps paying attention to make sure every head gets a mouthfull.

Pay attention to not put the surenge under the water and squert the mixture into the mouth or arms this will just stress out the head and it will close up and not feed causing you to start over.

the polyps will close around the food as it falls into there arms and mouth and will remain closed for 5-10 min then open bac up for another helping continue to feed till the polyps till they look poofy and fat , my polyps like 2-3 mouth fulls.

Iv been doing this for about 2 months now and the polyps have started to bud new heads all over the rock within the last 3 weeks.

Sun corals are freggin awsome , but not for someone who cannot devote time to them at least once a week with feeding.

I use the top half of a 2L glued to some 1/2" PVC to feed mine.

Pics in my build thread in my sig, don't want to thread-jack.

I had seen that sytem but the spot i keep him at is a little diffacult to wedge in the bottle..... and im lazey and this was what I figured out to do the day i got them lol

nice tank! I was gonna buy that same light, but decided to go with t5's on my last tank. How is it workin out for ya?

all my corals seem to love it , asside from my GSP frag but that thing is never happy

nice colony , iv been on the lookout for a black sun coral localy , but no luck so far.

I have a black branching sun coral I'm nursing back to health. I could break you off a branch with 3-4 heads for a few bucks if it ends up making it.

I'm looking for a black, non-branching, colony.

well in that cae i think i would have to take you up on it, i was planing on trying to make it u to the next meeting but im not ure if i will e able to make it , really need to re activate my membership.

Back