My 54 Corner Refugium

tnyga

Market
Reaction score
Ok...As most all of you know, after putting a 10 gallon sump under a 54 gallon corner tank theres pretty much no room left.

REALLY wanting a Mandarin I knewcouldnt have one without it starving so off to the Refugium store....

After looking all over I thought I had it licked and found Jorge selling one on here with lights and all. Not thinking, 19 1/4 inches across fits great on a 10 gallon sump (HOB). Problem was at 4 inches deep my door to the stand would not close :(

So, No HOB with any size to it refugium.

I went to visit Blue Planet and talking to Tiffany and Shawn they said they can custome build one...for less than a hundred bucks I said "Do It". That was Saturday the 3rd. Today the 6th I was told its all done. :) Off to Mcdonough.

Wow...what an awesome job he did...I could only hope it fit as good as it looks without water in it....

With Coralife light in hand and a bottle of Ocean Pods Im off to home.

After filling with sand (live and running for months), hooking up a maxi Jet 1200, filling fuge with water and sitting for an hour with pods soaking into the sand its running and DRY :) Ph Yeah he even has an Acrylic slide on the top the light sits on so its not hit with salt...Great Job!

Dimensions are 15x5.25x15..5 gallons

Thanks again Blue Planet!! Pics for all!

Could use some Cheato anytime now :)

Got some Chaeto yesterday, Thanks Tony A...Now I sit back and...??...?? lol

I have plenty of other macro algae if you need some. Just let me know and you can stop by and pick it up. Great refug build!

That would be cool Mark....Like to see your new toy anyway!

Back