My bubble tip anemone ' s tentacles don't bubble up any more.

meeetch

Supporting
Reaction score
Recently I've noticed my Rose Bubble Tip Anemone ' s tentacles don't get the bubble at the ends. They stay just skinny. Is this a sign that something is wrong?

Have lighting or feeding patterns changed? Per Live Aquaria, it may be one of those two factors:

<span style="color: #163a5e"><span style="font-family: Arial">overview</span></span>
The Rose Bubble Tip Anemone is a less common form of the Bubble Tip Anemone which is often referred to as the Four-colored, Bulb Tentacle, Bulb Tip, or Bulb Anemone. At rest, the enlarged tip at the end of the tentacles is a rose to red color.

The Bubble Tip Anemone is usually found in coral rubble, or in solid reefs. Its pedal disc is usually attached deep within dead coral. <span style="color: red">It stretches its tentacles to become sweeper tentacles when hungry. That is, the tentacles become elongated to capture a meal, then the tentacles shorten and the bubble tips return.</SPAN></span>

Handle this invertebrate, and all Anemones, with care. They can sting other Anemones, as well as Corals.

<span style="color: red">In order for the Rose Bubble Tip Anemone to keep its bright coloration and bulb tips, it needs strong illumination supplied by metal halides, or intense florescent lighting of at least 6 watts per gallon.</span> They require an aquarium of at least 30 gallons, as they can grow up to 12" across in the aquarium. These anemones will typically remain compact and will gain bulb tips under intense lighting. If the lighting is insufficient, they will expand their bodies to great lengths to make the most of the available light. It should be kept with a Clownfish for best results. At times, the tentacles may appear stringy; this may be due to insufficient light or the need for food.

I don't think anybody knows why they bubble or don't bubble.

I put one in a tank back in 2000. It's still there today. Over 11 years, I took out about 9 daughter clones, left 2 each time. They're huge (I saw them a few months ago). Not sure how many may have been removed since 2011. They bubble sometimes, but mostly not.

I wouldn't read anything into it. If it's got proper light, water quality and food, it's fine.

Jenn

I've got 7 anenomes and some have bubbles come and go, some have them all the time and one seems to rarely have bubbles. I have noticed that flow seems effect it sowewhat.

I have had one for a couple months. There are not any bubbles and the tentacles are no more that 1/8-1/4 inch long. Maybe something's wrong.... Idk

Back