My Cubes Build Design

flyingarmy

Market
Reaction score
Here are my designs for my 39 GAL Cube and 30 GAL Cube. The 39 will be a FOWLR and the 30 will be my display tank. If anyone has any ideas or see something I should do, please let me know. All opinions and suggestions are quite welcome!

30 GAL Reef:

30 Cube.jpg
alt="" />

30 Cube Filtration.jpg
alt="" />

39 GAL FOWLR:

39 Cube.jpg
alt="" />

when i start a tank, the thing is barely i the door before its filling with water. I LOVE you guys who make those awesome computer designs!!!:up:

Google Sketch-Up..free download. Easy program to use once you get used to it.

I'd recommend against putting the Icecap ballast within the hood on the 39g tank. Salt spray and ballasts don't mix too well...

mojo;36411 wrote: I'd recommend against putting the Icecap ballast within the hood on the 39g tank. Salt spray and ballasts don't mix too well...

My thoughts exactly.

Also, having had an IceProbe chiller, I'm pretty sure you're going to be pushing its capabilities with 35+ gallons total volume and halides over the tank. My suggestion would be a fan over the sump as back-up direct evaporative cooling (you could program it to come on as a last resort to bring down the temp so you don't go through your 5g top-off too quickly.

Otherwise, a very lovely design! I used Sketchup for mine and it really helped me plan out everything spacially, as I have no fish room for my 200g display tank (every inch under the stand had to be carefully planned!)

Argh... Yeah, I wondered if it might eb Google SketchUp, which I looked in to last night... Sadly, they don't have a *nix version. I had been hoping to work my refugium design a bit while the roomies are away, as rewp took both his PC and Mac with him... He was originally a CAD drafter anyway and has a copy of AutoDesk onb his PC, so I guess I'll just have to make him do it when he gets back. O well.

Back