My finace's newest kids

kelloggreef

Market
Reaction score
Took the fiance to Salt Water City Monday and she picked up this beautiful pair of Crosshatch Triggers...

crosshatch1.jpg
alt="" />

crosshatch3.jpg
alt="" />

crosshatch2.jpg
alt="" />

So far as you can see the male has been out the most, but the female has came out a few times, for the most part she has just been hiding in the rocks checking out the new home.

Well I suggest going through Sal and Mike for sure, these are super healthy and huge. They had two pair come in and one went into their show tank and obviously the other pair came home with us.

kelloggreef;143697 wrote: Well I suggest going through Sal and Mike for sure, these are super healthy and huge. They had two pair come in and one went into their show tank and obviously the other pair came home with us.
Yep...Thats where I saw em

They are in my 210g and yes they were a pretty penny but Sal and Mike took good care of us.

A good article at http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/oct2002/Fish.htm">Advanced Aquarist</a>. I didn't realize it was the *upslung* mouth that makes them reefsafe.

According to Gregory Scheimer:

[QUOTE=]"The up-slung mouth, protruding jaw, and eyes set atop the head give a further clue as to the open-water feeding habits of the crosshatch triggerfish. With that anatomical structure, it&#8217;s near impossible to feed on benthic invertebrates. This is why I thought they would make a good and interesting addition to my coral reef aquarium, and so far all is well. After a rude welcome from my existing power-blue tang ([I]Acanthurus leucosternon</em>), everyone settled down and the juvenile crosshatch trigger became part of the community of fish in my 500 gallon reef aquarium. It eats very well and completely ignores all corals, clams, and other sessile invertebrates, just as I expected."[/QUOTE]

Cool fish... congrats!

Margi;143757 wrote: Great fish, but cover your tank, they are jumpers!

Wow... I didn't know this. Is this true of just the CH's or triggers in general?

Looking nervously at our niger and the wide-open top of his 125g....

:sad:

A pair of crosshatches get very frisky at times.....and the make can chase the female around a bit, causing her to jump. They are great fish.

Very nice looking fish. I stopped by there today and I was so tempted to buy these MH's but I had no cash because I was just going to check it out =(

TriGa22;143845 wrote: Very nice looking fish. I stopped by there today and I was so tempted to buy these MH's but I had no cash because I was just going to check it out =(
which ones were you looking at? i think i might have seen them in his fish room at his house.

Stroid;143892 wrote: Blind go read again SALTWATER CITY

Took this to mean the MH's (metal halides?) which he may have seen @ Sal's house. I think a lot of the equipment came from Sal's home.

Back