My First Live aboard trip

todd_washowich

Market
Reaction score
I leave on Friday this week and return on the 23rd.... Packing all my sea sickness meds...

Back is killing me - I got a Sciatica nerve thing going on.. but that ain't stopping me...Drugs and an electrical muscle stimulator will be packed.

Camera's are ready.... Regs and BC are in shape. It appears the Hurricanes will have past....

DIVE ON!

PS also will have the Scuba Chicken with me this trip..I hope Sharks don't think it's food.

Where are you headed?

I packed up this past weekend as well- about to head out for 2 weeks on a liveaboard myself. 35lbs of scuba gear, 48lbs of camera gear, and about 3 lbs of clothes/toiletries... :)

mojo;686920 wrote: Where are you headed?

I packed up this past weekend as well- about to head out for 2 weeks on a liveaboard myself. 35lbs of scuba gear, 48lbs of camera gear, and about 3 lbs of clothes/toiletries... :)

Leaving for Nassau Friday...Hop the boat and leaves out Saturday PM for Abaco's, maybe Bimini, Where ever the wind takes us I guess :)

How about u?

Edit:
Barbara;686923 wrote: Be careful with that electrical muscle thingy. My brother had one for back spasms. He put it on and fell asleep for several hours. Next day he couldn't walk, and his back wasn't right again for over 2 weeks. He's scared to death of it now and won't use it.

I had sciatica when I was pregnant. That's some painful stuff. I would just be walking around and all of a sudden my leg just wouldn't work/paralyzed. Ugh.... Hope you get better! Have fun on your trip.

I have had the electrical spasm machine hooked up to me since 9 AM......Burned thru 1 9v battery already.

Not afraid of it..more afraid of the pain in my A-S.. and that's where it really starts and runs down to my heel. Started Steroid today and got a call in to the Dr. for REAL meds.

Solomons Islands on the Bilikiki. Looking forward to get away from it all for a while...

I wish... Copied from Expedia:

Total distance: 8,772 mi (14,117 km)
Total duration: 18hr 25mn (25hr 45mn with connections)

Yes, that's one way! :(

No- Bruce and Marj moved back to Hawaii and weren't able to go this year, so just random people. It's all the same underwater anyway!

Be sure to post some pics when you get back-

I was trying to be nice on your flight time :) I will take alot of them just as I know you will, Yours will put mine to shame as always and I will feel inadequate as a photographer again...Looking forward to your reports of the Islands and the health of them.

You going alone? I am....

I'll be meeting some friends while down there, but the flight will be alone (well, aside from the other couple hundred strangers).

Everyone likes to see pics, and yours shows the trips much better than fancy wall-hung pictures!

Thanks for the compliment. I will be stealing some shots of yours as always for my screen savers :) OK then we will have a Picture Show in 2 to 3 weeks.

Plan your Dive and Dive your plan....Heck, when we get back we may have 9 new divers to shame if Diane Certifies them!

Dive ON!

Edit: I got a new Camera..but can't get the housing here in time.....Anyone got a Nikon S8100 Housing?

His Passport is in claw.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
687744=32548-DSCN3382.jpg
>
687744=32548-DSCN3382.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSCN3382.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Todd_Washowich;686881 wrote: I leave on Friday this week and return on the 23rd.... Packing all my sea sickness meds...

Back is killing me - I got a Sciatica nerve thing going on.. but that ain't stopping me...Drugs and an electrical muscle stimulator will be packed.

Camera's are ready.... Regs and BC are in shape. It appears the Hurricanes will have past....

DIVE ON!

PS also will have the Scuba Chicken with me this trip..I hope Sharks don't think it's food.

Since you are going to Nassau, make sure you go to Paradise Island. You have to see the huge fish tank. They have Goliath groups that are HUGE!!!!!

Edit:
Todd_Washowich;686881 wrote: I leave on Friday this week and return on the 23rd.... Packing all my sea sickness meds...

DIVE ON!

Since you are going to Nassau, make sure you go to Paradise Island. You have to see the huge fish tank. They have Goliath groupers that are HUGE!!!!!

I will try and make it over there, but doubt I will have the time....I leave on the sailboat Saturday AM to head out to sea and all the islands.....I am not staying in Nassau the week.

I am BACK..Photos are on my Facebook page.....

Edit: A few pictures....from Eleuthra, Bahamas and the Northern Exumas
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
689838=32716-PIC_3759.jpg
>
689838=32716-PIC_3759.jpg
class="gc-images" title="PIC_3759.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
689838=32715-PIC_4290.jpg
>
689838=32715-PIC_4290.jpg
class="gc-images" title="PIC_4290.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
689838=32714-PIC_4319.jpg
>
689838=32714-PIC_4319.jpg
class="gc-images" title="PIC_4319.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

so how do you like liveaboard diving? was the shark dive done in bimini or the exhumas? bimini had a nurse shark that would pick out a diver on each dive to love up on, he would actually come up to you and wrap his fins around a divers waist and give him/her a hug will go through some pics I have of him doing a waltz with a diver on one of the trips I was on

live aboard was fine..It is designed to hold 12. but if there was 12, I would have slit my wrists.. the Blackbeard ships are the exact same ship and hold 24! no way would I dive that boat.

the Shark diving was in the Eleuthera. Mostly Reef Sharks and Black Tips.. BIG ones!

Great trip all in all.. would only do this boat, based on size and crew... Blackbeard NEVER, but we basically had the same trip and we drank and partied with them. (because of the winds) Only so many place you can go and dive with North East winds.

Todd_Washowich;690490 wrote: live aboard was fine..It is designed to hold 12. but if there was 12, I would have slit my wrists.. the Blackbeard ships are the exact same ship and hold 24! no way would I dive that boat.

the Shark diving was in the Eleuthera. Mostly Reef Sharks and Black Tips.. BIG ones!

Great trip all in all.. would only do this boat, based on size and crew... Blackbeard NEVER, but we basically had the same trip and we drank and partied with them. (because of the winds) Only so many place you can go and dive with North East winds.

exactly why I won't do Blackbeard again, but don't limit yourself you should try aggressor or explorer ventures both are much larger boats with fewer divers and its more like being on a cruise ship both in cabins and food. Not to mention you can shower daily or 3 times a day if you want.
I believe the only other boat I would do would be windjammer cruises.

Lets Say ....the Aqua Cat, which is down there as well, That boat costs about $2600 plus another $300+ in fees to do.... they do an 8 day trip. I did a 7 day trip.....mine was $1250 plus $50 Bahama fee.. that's it..

SO I would say NO, unless the other boats were comparable in costs, no reason to do the others. This boat has 2 showers on it and makes it Own water. So water is not an issue... and I took showers on the deck anyway....

Back