My first real post not what I was planning

adamdaniel210

Sponsor
Supporting
Reaction score
Hello to everyone I am new to the whole saltwater thing I was planning on setting up a deep blue 30 gallon rimless frag tank while gathering all of my supplies the unexpected happened I was given a tank that is in need of some rehab I know what the fish in the tank are but there are a couple things I'm not 100% sure what they are if you know I would be glad to have the info the first pic is the tank when I got there to pick it up it is covered in gha and has a handful of what I believe to be aptasia
The second is I believe glove polyps the third I think is Kenya tree and some kind of leather and the fourth pic the guy said was a good kind of macro algae any recommendations or advice welcome oh yea the fish in the tank are a yellow clown goby a six lined wrasse and a azure damsel
893968=47920-image.jpg
>
893968=47920-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:400px" /></a>

Edit: Ok well the only pic that loaded was the macro algae thing

I'm pretty sure you have a rock covered in Bryopsis. I would immediately remove it from the system.

I don't know if it's definitively bryopsis or not, but either way, I would not have put that in my tank, and like everybody has already stated, REMOVE THAT ROCK ASAP!

The rock has been removed thank you all for the input I picked up a emerald crab and a peppermint shrimp to try to clear up the gha and aptasia any other recommendations

adamdaniel210;894068 wrote: The rock has been removed thank you all for the input I picked up a emerald crab and a peppermint shrimp to try to clear up the gha and aptasia any other recommendations

If the rocks are small enough get a bucket and some hydrogen peroxide and dip them.

Back