my fish.....

Reefplumber13

Market
Reaction score
seem to be alot more happy with the new lights. do lights have any thing to do with this or are they just use to everything now?

I dont know how scientific this is but in my personal experience I've noticed that brighter lights do seem to have an effect on fish's behavior. Especially in their eating habits.

I noticed a big difference every time I changed lights when I went from a regular old PC bulb, to a Nova T5 fixture, to a TEK t5 fixture.

Of course, it may have more to do with other things other that brightness (ie - kelvin, etc) but I definitely noticed that the brighter the lights the "happier" and more active the fish were.

well i went from a stock light to a pc and my sixline use to never come out in the open but now he is out from the time the lights come on till they go off lol i have got a lot of pics of him now as to before i couldnt bc he stayed in the rocks

funny you say that because my six line was the same for a while...he would come out only to eat but after the light upgrade he was out all the time....he only went in to sleep.

thats cool and i seen today that my firefish were on the other side of the tank then there darthole but use to not go far from it lol

I think lights make a huge difference. Consider where these fish live in the wild.

Back